Optimized toward fast target acquisition and short- to mid-range shooting, the Nightforce NX8 F1 features a 1-8x magnification range, a 24mm objective lens, and a first focal plane reticle. The compact profile of the NX8 (only 8.75″ long and 17 ounces) allows Nightforce to implement their signature superior optics in a small package that doesn’t add a large signature or weight commitment.
Like all of the optics made by Nightforce, the NX8 1-8x24mm Riflescopes offers the same legendary bomb-proof ruggedness. Each scope features a one-piece tube precision machined from a solid bar stock of 6061-T6 aircraft-grade aluminum alloy. The tube is two to three times thicker than riflescopes of a lesser quality, resulting in less overall stress, greater thermal stability, a consistent zero and a virtually impervious shield for the precision optics within. The lenses are matched and aligned by hand in a process called optical indexing to ensure the highest possible optical performance. The objective lens utilizes a multi-element design like those found in the highest quality telescopes to focus light rays more precisely for exceptional image clarity and color accuracy. Optical performance is further enhanced thanks to multi-coated ED glass that results in superb light transmission, brilliant images, and exceptional color contrast. The internal mechanisms on the windage and elevation turrets are held in place by a specially designed spring that spends two weeks in a polishing tumbler before being installed in the optic to deliver perfectly smooth operation. This guarantees zero loss of integrity, zero loss of repeatability.
- Daylight-visible center red dot promotes fast target acquisition, with “Off” settings in between each brightness setting
- Intelligent FC-Mil and FC-MOA first focal plane reticles provide precise hold points via subtensions
- ZeroStop elevation turret allows for quick, precise elevation adjustments via dialing, with rapid and positive return to zero
- .2 Mil-Radian OR .5 MOA elevation increments (depending on model)
- Integrated Power Throw Lever (PTL)
- 30mm Body Tube with rugged construction balanced with light weight
- Capped windage adjustment