• Diamond-tipped machine tool scroll engravings on frame and cylinder
• Engraved wood grip
• Wooden mahogany presentation case
• Stainless steel frame, barrel and cylinder
• Black Blade Front Sight and Fixed Rear Sight
• Snag-Free Enclosed Hammer
• Rated for Continuous +P Use
In 1995, Smith & Wesson introduced the Model 640, the first J frame revolver chambered in the powerful .357 Magnum round. Based on Model 40 Centennial, the Model 640 is a small frame concealed hammer revolver that packs a full-sized punch. Beautifully enhanced with diamond-tipped machine tool scroll engravings on the frame and cylinder, the Model 640 integrates the time-tested features of the original with modern advancements.